20100202 – working on the car – GEDC1434 – headlight & fender now on, mostly

20100202 – working on the car – GEDC1434 – headlight & fender now on, mostly
Get Paid
Image by Rev. Xanatos Satanicos Bombasticos (ClintJCL)
Fender and headlight and blinker now on! There was this damned horrible screw that I tried to get screwed for 10 minutes, dropping it like 10 times. Finally, Matthew declared, "I’m tired of your shenanigans", and went in and got it screwed tn in one try.

Pontiac Bonneville 1993 car, headlight.

garage, Matthew G’s house, McLean, Virginia.

February 2, 2010.

… Read my blog at ClintJCL.wordpress.com

BACKSTORY: Clint’s car came back from the body shop totaled, after hitting a deer on the way back from a party at Dirk’s. He bought a new fender ( + S/H), headlight ( + S/H), and blinker (not pictured, ), and, with GREAT HELP from his friend Matthew G, got it fixed for 0 (which includes another for bolts and bulbs at the hardware store).Meanwhile, Farmer’s Insurance paid him out 50 (they would have paid out 0 more if I’d let them keep it). Major profit! Well, right after the snow melted, his tie rod broke, and sway rod was about to break, so it was another 0 on top of that. But still: $ ~700 out, 50 in. Major profit.

Even if I could somehow gotten a car as good as mine for half of what they paid me, this was STILL the most economical route.

Let this be a lesson to people who let their insurance "total" their car, and then go out and buy a new one, pretending that they are helpless and "have" to. Or those that buy a new car because they feel the repairs are worth more than their existing car (which is fallacious financial logic anyway). To them I say, BULLPUCKEY! One more lesson that reinforces the concept that doing things the "normal" way is almost never the most perseonally advantageous way. Thank you, "Bob", for your great SLACK! I got paid to total my car! Making a million dollars every time you make a mistake is one of the definitions of SLACK, and this was pretty damnc lose.

Of course, the car immediately broke (tie rod fell out) upon it’s first post-snowpocalypse drive, incurring an additional 0 (tie rods, sway bar, towing that would have been free if my car wasn’t already totaled). Even with the additional 0 expense, I am *STILL* 00 ahead! That’ll definitely pay for more freon this summer. Amazing what going against the grain will get you these days.

Question by mad4fashion: How do I go about filing Taxes if I am paid by cash?
I am going to start getting paid for housecleaning and childcare fo a woman and her children and she will be paying me by either cash or check. I want to be able to get financial aid so I would need to have an income tax return.

How can I file for taxes?
Is it a one time thing around tax time or do I need to pay taxes everytime I get paid?
I will not get paid much, and I have a child, would I have to pay a lot of taxes?

Best answer:

Answer by la45309
If that is the way your going, take 15% of everything you make and put it in an account and at the end of the year you will have the money for your taxes, but the way it sounds you will not owe except for social security, Hope for the FairTax then you get money back every month.

What do you think? Answer below!

Get Paid
Image by Brother O’Mara

Get Paid
Image by lukemontague
doing a frontflip off a wall… he got paid to do it…

Bimmer Meet
Get Paid
Image by clintbarr
Taken in Dallas, Texas. Nikon D70s. I got paid for this one!

see “all sizes” for hotness=undertheradarblog listed as recommended reading on wall street journal. dude.
Get Paid
Image by irina slutsky
for once, i’m speechless. and i get PAID to talk smack!

Boycott sticker, Broadway, Seattle, WA
Get Paid
Image by djwudi
I don’t quite get the point of boycotting particular _employees_. Wouldn’t they get paid the same no matter what? I don’t think grocery stores pay on commission….

18 Comments on 20100202 – working on the car – GEDC1434 – headlight & fender now on, mostly

  1. mictlan74
    November, 23rd 2012 at 7:59 pm

    what the heck is that on the left? O_o

  2. tommy forbes
    November, 23rd 2012 at 8:25 pm


  3. miami fever
    November, 23rd 2012 at 8:57 pm


  4. budrowilson
    November, 23rd 2012 at 10:26 pm

    I’ve seen one of them before….isn’t it just a place for superheros to change clothes?

  5. hackett
    November, 23rd 2012 at 11:16 pm

    Are you hanging out at the bus depot?

  6. Brother O'Mara
    November, 23rd 2012 at 11:29 pm

    hackett: HELL YES I AM.

  7. hackett
    November, 24th 2012 at 12:26 am

    My memory is fantastic, except with people’s names, important dates, and a lot of other things.

    Which is to say, my memory on the internets is AWESOME.

  8. scienceduck
    November, 24th 2012 at 12:58 am

    oh boy, oh boy!

  9. DWestell
    November, 24th 2012 at 1:34 am

    he bounced didnt he!

  10. blimpa
    November, 24th 2012 at 2:27 am

    well, you should have.
    good eye.

  11. rg0r
    November, 24th 2012 at 2:43 am

    nice one

  12. Ravensky
    November, 24th 2012 at 2:59 am

    Holy crap, got enough in your inbox? =P

  13. irina slutsky
    November, 24th 2012 at 3:27 am

    haha. yah. inbox storage. i need have a serious archiving party.

  14. crylov
    November, 24th 2012 at 3:56 am

    Wow, congrats! Now I’m going to check "all the next big ideas" :)

  15. krystynsaysom
    November, 24th 2012 at 4:42 am

    Envy! Congrats.

  16. mmeiser2
    November, 24th 2012 at 5:22 am

    Congrats, I didn’t realize you were behind under the radar.

  17. Ginger R
    November, 24th 2012 at 6:05 am

    The most important thing is to get receipts for everything, and KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS! People who are paid in cash tend to raise curiosity from the IRS. I don’t know the rules for your state, but usually in a situation like yours, you are considered an independent contractor, like a small business owner, and virtually all your expenses are tax deductible. File a tax return like anyone else, and it would probably be wise to have your return done by a professional. You might also want to have one consultation with an accountant, just to make sure you’re complying with tax laws.

  18. wartz
    November, 24th 2012 at 6:48 am

    It sounds like you should be considered a household employee (think Nanny tax.) If so, you are not self-employed if you are paid more than $ 1,500 over the course of a year the employer must withhold social security tax from your wages and match it then give you a W-2 at the end of the year. The employer reports your wages and the tax on Form 1040, Schedule H (as in “Household.”)

    You are unlikely to owe any income tax and will likely be entitled to refundable earned income credit and additional child tax credit.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

WP Login