[365 Toy Project: 012/365] They Sure Don’t Make Movies Like They Used To
Image by nhussein
Panthro: So, do you miss the good old days?
Tigra: Ah yes, the ’80s, our glory days when kids loved us. Now it’s all Pokemon and Harry Potter.
Panthro: Hey, we may be making a comeback. They’re musing a Thundercats movie.
Tigra: Hollywood is just milking the ’80s for remakes. They’ll spit out a barely-functional script strung together with hammy dialogue and hand it over to a horrible director who gets paid by the explosion. They’ll completely misinterpret us and have a cast of wooden actors.
Panthro: I’m counting on Forest Whitaker to play me.
Tigra: Fat chance. You’ll probably get someone like 50 Cent instead. I miss the days when bad rappers just did music instead of messing up movies.
Panthro: Speaking of which, do you know whatever happened to M.C. Hammer?
This shot was done for FGR and I Love The ’80s.
Update: The Onion has a related story (with some mildly NSFW language)
Question by Rocket P: What was the last price you paid for unleaded, regular gasoline?
I paid $ 4.05 per gallon. Seems pretty cheap to me.
Answer by speedy_me18
$ 3.67 just the other day.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Image by adactio
Some people tell me that I’m rubbish at my job, that I’m too depressed. You try being stared at all day! Chalkboards don’t get paid much you know. At least I didn’t spell Brighton wrong like the idiot next to me!
170/365: Jury Duty!
Image by Mr.Thomas
Oh no, I’ve been called to serve for Jury Duty. Whatever will I do? Oh, I know, get out of having to go to work and get paid for it. That works.
Riding the Wind
Image by jayspost
A hovering Silver Gull keeps an eye on me as I endeavour to eat lunch on a windy coastal headland ! ( the bird got paid well for his pose with hot potatoe chips )
Image by Muffet
Twice a week, I work as a volunteer for an organization that collects household goods and gives them to people in need. Today, I walked around for my Thursday walk and took some pictures. This organization, the Household Goods Recycling Ministery, is run and staffed completely by volunteers. No one gets paid. Every week, donations of furniture and other items pour in and are sorted, organized, and placed on shelves. Every week, families in need arrive to pick out furniture, bedding, tableware, and other items. Last year, more than 17,000 pieces of furniture were given away. More than 3000 families were helped. It is amazing how well the whole place works.
These mugs were part of a set that was donated. Mugs with advertising on them are not given to families that come here. Instead, they are donated to a homeless shelter.
365-22 – I have been tagged!
Image by HazPhotos
Well it seems that I have been tagged by Daifuku Sensei. These facts are suppose to be random so here goes my little schpeel about myself:
1. When i was a child I almost bit my tongue off (someone went down the slide after me and i bit down on my tongue :S) All is well though
2. Absolutely love kids. I used to be a counsellor for the Y camps when I was younger. This could also be because of my large family background but let’s make that the next point.
3. My mom was 1 of 8 children. From that I have 20 first cousins ranging from 34-19 in age. Now that some are married I have about 7 second cousins as well in that family Love my family soo much and they are pretty much most of my friends that I am around regularly.
4. I have my glider and pilot’s license. This was something I got paid for while I was in Air Cadets. 2 Summers in a row I learned how to fly. Still have my license but have not been up in a bit.
5. I went to school at UofT for a year and then realized I didn’t like the program I was in (not enough hands on for Computer Science). I then changed to a college for a software engineering diploma and currently am working in Toronto.
6. I regularly play volleyball each week in a competitive league.
7. Trying to get back into my photography is a great relaxation for me.
8. Own 2 trumpets from when I was in Highschool and used to play a lot. Was in both the orchestral and jazz bands (Traveled North America as well).
9. Have a passion for cooking but lack the desire to cook when I have to commute home and the meal is made already by my parents.
10. Single 😉
11. Sometimes am too hard on myself and the work I put into things. Always doubt myself.
12. I am a total romantic and am the guy who loves to pamper the woman I am with. Some might say "I fall in love too easily" – Chet Baker
13. I spend over 12 hours on a computer in a given day I assume.
14. Since Nov 6 2006, I have listened to 43488 songs on my ipod. You can have a look here
15. Is a movie fanatic. I think that some of my pictures will revolve around movies and themes with FGR
16. Loves to travel. Needs to do more though. Will be going to Chicago over the Valentines’ day weekend, so look out PPL!
17. I was making a grill cheese sandwich with my dad when I was about 6 and I went to turn off the stove. Leaned over the pan and burned my stomach. Big scar near my belly button. We tried to hide it from mom :).
18. Broke my left arm (I am left handed) when I was also around the same age. Was at Day care and it was time to put the books away after reading time. Some fat kid put his book away ran back and jumped in the air, landed RIGHT on my arm breaking it. Had it in a cast after that.